Last updated: May 20, 2018
Information we collect automatically
In operating our store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit when you browse our store. For example, this might include time-stamp, the last page or product you visited, the indication that you logged in. Please note, We do that in order to:
● remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click;
● monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to providing;
● let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click;
● remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout; and
● control that your data is processed securely.
It is recommended that you leave cookies turned on, to navigate and use our website.
You can turn cookies off, to prevent us from automatically collecting this type of data, by going to your browser's Help feature or Settings. Please note, that by turning off cookies, our website may not be fully functional. you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Order information you expressly provide
If you buy something from our store, we will need more specific information about you. To fully process your order and ship the merchandise you selected, we need your personal data such as your first and last name, your email address and your shipping and billing address. We also use your contact and order information to send you communication related to the processing of your order. We will ask you to provide this information in our “checkout page” before letting you finalize your purchase with the payment.
Please note, we do not store your credit card information.
You can sign up for an account if you’d like. This will make us happy because it confirms your interest in our store. It should also make you happy because we will remember your information and, when you decide to buy our products, you do not have to provide all of your information over again -- you just have to log-in. We also give you the possibility to easily withdraw your consent and delete your account. Just email us at email@example.com.
If you have started to buy one of our products, but have not completed the purchase, you may have provided partial information, such as your email address. In that case, we might send you an email to remind you about your interest. If you are not comfortable in receiving further emails of this kind, we will give you a simple opportunity to opt-out (there will be an unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org). Your privacy means a lot to us and we will stop sending you these communications right away.
If you have completed a purchase, we may send you an email to ask you to review the product you bought. We want to be sure that whether you love your purchase or have a complaint, you can share your opinion with other customers. If you are not comfortable in receiving further emails of this kind, we will give you a simple opportunity to opt-out (there will be an unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email or you can email us at email@example.com). Your privacy means a lot to us and we will stop sending you these communications right away.
How do we process your information?
We use an external provider to run our store, BigCommerce. BigCommerce is based in the US and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. You can check its participation in the Privacy Shield here on the official site of The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
Third-party service providers we use
Through BigCommerce, we also use other, highly specialized external providers to provide the most competitive services.
● PayPal: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information), but we want to use accredited companies to process your credit card information. Please note, we do not store your credit card information at Crazy Quilt Girl Fabric Shop. We use PayPal as our payment processor and you can read their privacy statement here.
● Stamps.com & USPS: We integrate with stamps.com & USPS to fulfill your orders. We only share your personal information to the extent that is needed to ship your order.
● Constant Contact: We use Constant Contact to create & manage our newsletters. You can read their privacy statement here. When you sign up for our newsletter, you provide your email address and your name. If you would like to be removed from our mailing list, there will be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of all of our newsletters or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can opt out of Google Analytics cookies altogether by going to Google Analytics Opt-Out Add-on.
You can opt out of Google cookies and/or control your ad preferences by going to Google Ads Preferences page.
How can you control your personal data?
If you are one of our customers who is in the EU, and we are specifically selling our products to the Member State where you are located, you have specific rights that we are honored to enforce without undue delay: Access, Correct, Erasure, Port, Object.
If you cannot exercise your choice on your account page or if you do not have an account with us, please reach out to us, at the contact details at the bottom of this page. We will be more than happy to help.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data for as long as you have an account with us. We also keep some data for security investigation. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data even if you ask to delete it.
Do we have any legal obligations when handling your data?
Many. We might need to share your personal information to comply with applicable legal obligations, such as keeping records for tax reasons or fraud detection.
Who can you reach out to for privacy matters?
mail: Corinna Jones, 41892 Metaline Drive, Canton, MI 48187 USA